I may not write “updates” very often but I realise I write in my paper journal more. I thought I’d keep some of it on here too.
Current windowsil seedlings, germinated / successful:
- 32 fig seedlings
- 4 runner beans
- 12 kale (cavolo nero
- 4 peas
- 21 sweetcorn
- 2 cucumber
- 7 butternut squash
- 2 courgette
- 5 pumpkin
- 2 crown prince squash
- 3 trombocino
- 28 tomato
- 11 sunflower
That’s not a bad success rate given what I sowed. Cucumber was the least successful.
- 3 runner beans to perennial kitchen garden hedge (need to build supports)
- 1 runner bean to climbing frame
- kale plants to perennial kitchen garden – requires compost
- pea plants to perennial kitchen garden hedge
- tomatoes along edge of big flowerbed – need to build supports
- 17 sweetcorn around the carrot cage
- 4 sweetcorn behind Erika’s Fence
The windowsil seedling nursery is also home to this bunch of time wasters!